Saturday, September 13, 2008

New 90210 vs old 90210

I've only seen a couple of clips lately of the new 90210 as I havn't had the time to watch a full episode yet. Yeh I know, I must be living under a rock but i've actually been waiting months to watch this show.

Among all the excitment for the new show I must point out that I am a bit dissapointed not to hear the very missed intro..the sound of the very loud eletric guitar in the old intro was one of everyones faviourite memories of the show and I hoped that it would still be apart of the newer 90210. Instead they decided to distort the older much more loved version of the song to something a little more mellow and hip for the newer generation. I just have to say that it doesn't leave my as excited to watch the rest of the show as the old opening did.

Out of the old characters my faviourite was Brenda(played by Shannen Doherty) and i'm really happy to see that her and the character of Kelly (played by Jennie Garth)are apart of the new show. So far, none of the newer characters really appeal to me that much.

I brought season 2 on DVD recently and was blown away by Shannen Doherty's acting in the episode "Meeting Mr Pony". I would have to admit that I am definatley a fan of hers.She seems to be a very headstrong person and I admire that type of attitude.

Heres a peek at the old intro and the new intro of the show.. Let me know what you think.
New 90210 Intro

vs
Old 90210 Intro

No comments: